Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dan Aykroyd's Skull Vodka

Dear Jane,
Are you aware

that Dan Aykrody


 is shilling for (his own) skull vodka

Kind of on the long, charming side.  Less funny, more curious.

Not unlike a lengthy sober version of this unforgettable gem


In the vein of his old buddy Bill:


If you knew of this and said nothing, shame on you.  If you didn't, surprise!  Dan Aykrody has a skull vodka.  It's important we know and share these things.  Not least of all so that when


rolls around, we needn't hem and haw over each others gifts.

Love and miss,
J. Benny

1 comment:

  1. You know, J. Benny, I did actually hear about D-Ayk's skull vodka and the cavalcade of crazy that was its commercial. But what I had NOT seen was that incredible Orson Welles clip. So thank you, and shame on me.

    You know who had some of that skull vodka? Mr. David Daw. He was kind enough to share it at last year's Dance Party at the End of the World: SF Edition. I can't say that it tasted diamond-filtered, but that skull sure was purdy and one-of-a-kind. Of sorts.

    Misses and Loves,
    Jane.

    P.S. On an unrelated note, I saw Arcade Fire last night, and as a result I have wholeheartedly joined the Regine Chassagne camp. I remember you singing her praises early on, and while I was initially skeptical, I'm here to say that you were absolutely right. She wore a sparkly gown and fingerless gloves and came out with a giant ribbon-dancer-like thing at the end of that Mountains Beyond Mountains song. Thought of you. Wanted to put her atop our Christmas tree and such.

    ReplyDelete