Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Everywhere

Dear Kristin,
In a pub in the early afternoon, drinking a coffee, interneting.  Eavesdropping.  Here's a funny something I've noticed: rarely a day goes by that I don't overhear an America conversation.  We're talked about all the time.  Interesting, no?  Because I can't remember the last time, in America, I overhead an England conversation - and I can't help but worry if that's something of a bad sign.  Our not talking about other countries.  Like perhaps we don't look around us enough.  On the other hand,  perhaps I listened for it less in New York.  Regardless, one thing I do love here: the America conversations are varied, not one-note, one-feeling, one-subject.  Which is also amazing to me.  That we would come up in different ways every day.

My two notes today, also a two in one:


The first I saw a French girl wear a version of a few weeks ago, though I couldn't replicate it until my own sweater and skirt arrived in the overseas shipment.  The next happened because I was cold.

Also, just so you know, I've been turning this over.  Shall we turn it over together?


Love,
J. Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment